Cost for postage on new parts

Its great that there is an opportunity to buy replacement parts now but shipping to Perth, Australia comes up showing $53 for delivery of a Peek hotend extruder part which would weigh about 100grams. This is not right and is extremely expensive. Im thinking of modifying machine to use bowden type extruder and different hotend, does anyone have any experience with this.

Regards luke.

Hello Luke,

It think you can try the online store again, we have just reopen the online store, some shipping cost was not calculated right, we have fix it now.

For what it’s worth…

when things were down, i rebuilt my hotend to use an all metal Wanhao MK10 piece. I can’t say it’s perfect, but it’s not bad at all.

i had to put the aluminum bar in the drill press to enlarge the opening to 5/16", and fitting the MK10 heat block was quite a chore, but the end results arent bad.

Not for the faint of heart. I’d say that you should be confident in your DIY skills to do this.

Bowden mount has its own challenges. keeping the Z probe working would be tricky, unless you wanted to change it entirely. I like the direct drive myself, but I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t considered it.

Thanks for your suggestion, i require some parts of my computer and Epson projector support recommended me this for computer parts. I require RAM and motherboard of Acer laptop. Can i get these parts from here?