POOR Customer service

I recommend being very careful in dealing with this company. I purchased a Grid II printer and it was missing some parts and had some damage. I e-mailed the company and they sent the wrong parts. I also ordered another print platform and some spare parts. I only received a partial of my order. I wrote the company and the basically called me a liar and said that they had shipped all the parts. I send back photos and documentation of the parts and the boxed it shipped in and the box was smaller than the parts that they claimed that shipped. I was finlly able to convince them that they did not ship the parts and the customer representative had them ship the print platform. I received the platform AND IT IS WRONG AGAIN. I e-mailed the company and they are not responding. Be aware this company will take advantage of you.

Lyle

Dear sir

Really sorry for our mistake .
but as you known ,you tell us that you miss the part until you have get the package half a month ,we can’t just send out the stuff without the confirm information .
and after you inform us the pictures ,we ship the spare parts with other free gifts soon .we apologize for our mistake .

" I received the platform AND IT IS WRONG AGAIN. I e-mailed the company and they are not responding."
could you tell me ,what’s wrong with the platform now ?after we have confirm the situation ,we will send you the right one soon .and could you tell me whom you send the email to ,i will check what’s caused the problem

Dear Bo

The point here is it doesn’t matter if it is two days or two weeks the parts are still wrong.
Please send me the correct parts for my machine and I will be another one of your satisfied customers.
I will look for the shipping information soon.

Thank you
Lyle

Bo Zou

Could you please give me an update on if my print platform has been shipped and if it has please provide me with the shipping information.

Lyle Bluhm

Your response is attached below.

Dear sir

Really sorry for our mistake .
but as you known ,you tell us that you miss the part until you have get the package half a month ,we can’t just send out the stuff without the confirm information .
and after you inform us the pictures ,we ship the spare parts with other free gifts soon .we apologize for our mistake .

Dear sir

sorry that ,I’m our for business now .

after we received your picture ,we have send you the platform soon .and I send you the tracking number 607073677130
I checked it ,it Delivered

what you mean “it wrong again”?
please provide more information about it

thanks for your cooperation very much

Hi
Saying that my customer Service experience was poor or bad would be very much exageraded. I bought 18 months ago a Cube II (already assembled). Yes, I had some issues at the beginning. The homing of the Position was in my case the issue. In the end, I found out that the end Switches of the left-right-axis was wrongly placed on the board. That was “difficult” to find out from abroad. The People at Mbot were very friendly and in the end, i can say that it is working and I’m happy - knowing that 3D Printer is not an easy process. Meanwhile, I’ve updated the Cube II to Grid I: Fan is really good improvement, I do not Need two Extruders. The second Extruder could touch the print and make everythin go wrong (happened).
Improvement would be:

1. better CAD Software for MacOS (running Fusion with some stability issues)
  2. Rendering Software under MacOS - from appstore. Without the Need of other Software.
  3. Be able to set the Dimension of the print table in Software
  4. changing accelaration of raft print separatly from object.
  5. heatable base might be helpfull
  6. Extruder is not compatible with www.ninjaflex.com (rubber Kind of plastic). The Filament is not exactly pressed into the Extruder and can escape. A better guidance around the Extruder would help.
  7. HAVE A TWO END-SWITCHES PER AXIS TO AVOID RAMMING THE HEAD INTO THE FRAME

Regardind the Price, the Quality of the prints and the given Support (I did not have Access to that page at that time), MBot 3D is more positive the negative. Thanks.

thanks for your suggestion very much !
I will share this with our development department

It’s not just customer service, but the prinnter engineering. I bought a Grid II a year age I’ve had only a few good printouts in the beginning. Then the troubles started. The problem with customer service is translation from english to their language. The problem with their engineering is they should not rip-off(steal) other’s ideas(Makerbot) and try developing their own. Bicyle metioned Head ramming; this can bend the x-axis rails and give you anominal problems. I discovered my X-axis rails are bent. My Grid ii is no longer under warantee. I have asked how to replace them, but received no help from customer service just more questions. So this is what I’ve done:
I have replaced the MightyBoard with a Ramps 1.4. In doing this I had to change the 24 volt powersupply and the heating elements with 12 volt versions. I replaced the thermocouplers with thermistors and the lcd for one compatible with Ramps1.4. Ramps1.4 is very configurable and compatible with many software; MBot is not. I also learned that the entire head assembly including X and Y axis rails comes off easily. I recommend not to buy from MBot, but if you already have and want to change to Ramps1.4 and need help, you are welcome to contact me. Good luck to all with an MBot counterfits.

well ,I should say business is not about trying to do each other down .
we admit that our machine is not so perfect and we need more people and do more thing to provide more satisfactory service. we are now trying our best to improve our machine and service ,we are just keep doing it . we believe with our customers’ supports ,someday we will be a big company