Print support not detaching well

Hello,

I am using the latest MPrint software and when I use support for printing, this does not detachwell. When breaking this off, it leaves traces on the print and it becomes necessary to sand this off.
Can this have to do with temperature? I noticed last week that my rafts were also not detaching well when the room was a bit warmer. On other occasions, the rafts did come off very nicely.

Thanks,

Joris

Hi Joris

Have you tried to slow down the print Speed until the raft is printed (down to 50%)
It helped much for me.
Rgs

I stopped using the raft and started to use Slic3r instead MPrint. Now much better. But for Slic3r should be set X, Y offsets to 0.

1 Like

Hi Joris
sorry, I wrongly read your lines.

Yes, I’ve the same issue. The raft is going well off. and the part between “print object” and raft as well. The issue is that there is a missing “removing layer” between the “print object Support” and the object itselfs. And then you are correct: it is a mess to remove the Support from the object. :frowning:
Would be nice to have a nother “removing layer” between the Support and the object.
Dimonira: could you put the link to the Software?

Thanks all

Hello,

Thanks for the replies!
I have been using the latest version of MPrint and I really like this, except for the support problem.
If you have a better alternative, it would be great if indeed you provide the link to the exact version you are using and maybe some tips.

Thanks!

Joris

Which Version did you use and what Printer Modell / Setup did you use? Thanks for sharing!

I have the MBot Cube plywood kit version and MPrint 0.1 I believe.

You’re welcome: Slic3r

But the latest test results of Slic3r were unsuccessful. In some layers were incomplete filling:

Here’s what happened:

So now I have started to use another program: Cura. In preparing the same model no filling errors:

I put the zip-file in which the files are prepared for printing using Slic3r 1.1.7 and Cura 14.12.1. I used the model from here: Replicator 2X Extruder Drive Block Upgrade (prepared files for MBot Cube DH). It is better to look at the STL and GCode files (especially GCode!) with Repetier-Host.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you, seems good.
I have tested Cura, Slic3r and Repetier-Host, but was unable to run my printer from Cura.
Can you send me the settings for this?

Thanks,

Joris

Hello,

Run the printer from Cura isn’t necessary. In Cura you must create a profile for your printer and prepare GCode file from STL. Then you have to open the GCode file in the ReplicatorG and create x3g file. Save the x3g file to SD card and print from it. Settings in Ultimaker Cura for my printer MBot Cube Dual Head are:

Don’t look at the settings for the second extruder, I havn’t tried it yet. In expert config settings I almost havn’t changed anything:

The main problem for me: how to make sure that the model isn’t detached from the bed during printing! :rage: Because of separation from any edge, the model starts to curve upward. While heatbed ordered…

1 Like

Thank you so much Dimonira!
thumbs up!

Where did you order the heat bed and how to connect it? I would be interested in it!

Hello,

Yes, thanks a lot for the information. I would also be interested in seeing how to connect a heated bed, but for now I will stay with printing PLA.

Have a nice weekend!

Joris

I replaced my plastic arms with aluminum arms and a new leveling system and then created a hearing element out of nichrome wire and high temperature silicone. Then I attached that to a piece of wood for insulation. I then added a 1/4 inch piece of borosilicate Glass to the bed. I have two printers and this has been my work horse for over two years. You how’ve to offset the z axis and I run the bed off of 120v and a pid. Very accurate and heats up in minutes.