Hi I have now tested one day of my new MBot Grid II+ printer. In this point I have hit to several issues:
- By default printer language is chinese not english and if you do not understand china it is quite hard to change it.
- There is no leveling routine in menu
- in SD card there is only leveling routine for dual head printer
3.1) I tried order dual head printer but mbot team refuse to sell it because there is some “unsolved problems”
- I got link to routine from forum http://forums.mbot3d.com/uploads/default/70/b8d630cda2d9fd10.gcode but it also give warning that it is only for dual head printer.
- that table is so twisted that is is impossible to calibrate it because even you get corners to level there is areas what are so offset that it will print to air and filament does not trap to it.
- if you cancel printing printer does not reset to zero position.
- there is no reset to zero position in menu
- that “new high quality table” what “does not need” heat bed just does not wok with ABS. Some areas it stuck so hard that you cannot remove it without damaging table and to some areas it just does not stuck at all.
- there is no download for Grid II+ manual at http://www.mbot3d.com/software (there is just for older non + model)
- these older models manual download links at same page does not work from finland (poor server?)
- some times when you cancel printing from mprint 1.0.2 it get stuck so that this print dialog is still on right bottom corner of software and you must close and open that software again
- if you save stl file from autodesk inventor and open it in mprint it will be in 0.1x scale so you need rescale it to 10x so it is back in original scale.
- mbot own abs filament reel was taped with sticker what sticks so tightly at filament that I had very hard time to clean that filament from that sticker glue and pieces.
Also there is some lacks what are not real problems but clearly need improvement:
- that roll interface is hard to use if we compare to 5 button interface. It just roll too easy when you try press it
- there is no way to upload files from mprint or replicatiorG to SD card. You must remove card and copy files to it and then put card to back.
- that roll holder needs filament guide because filament jumps out of spool really easily.
- with smaller calibration screws you will get more accurate calibration
So at that point I must say that I am not happy at all to that device. But I am very hopeful that Magicfirm team can solve these problems soon. I think most of these things are possible to fix at software updates. That table is most probably just dead idea at start and need replace with heatbed.